Cardiomedex offers state-of-the-art technical platform and animal models for evaluating the effects of drugs and nutritional factors in the field of hypertension, myocardial infarction, cardiac hypertrophy, heart failure, endothelial dysfunction… Multiple cardiovascular risk factors can be combined in one model to mimic the human situation.
All of our services have the advantage of intelligent experimental design, expert scientific advice and consultancy.
- More effective go/no-go decisions to focus resources on the best candidates
- Accelerated drug discovery and preclinical development process
- Selection of the best candidates by combining human data with preclinical data
Efficacy and Safety research capabilities
Cardiomedex’s mission is to execute outstanding preclinical studies that deliver key mechanistic data and to help eliminate the risk of cardiac safety issues of drugs before they hit the pipeline or clinical trials.
Cardiomedex offers tailor-made studies and assays, and the capability to develop new models to fulfill our clients’ needs.
Please find below a non-exhaustive list of services.
For more information, follow the links to discover our models and assays by pathology or feel free to contact us.
- Myocardial infarction: LAD coronary artery ligation
- Pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy: thoracic aortic banding
- Heart failure (myocardial infarction, thoracic aortic banding)
- Hypertension (genetic or pharmacologically induced models)
- Onco-cardiotoxicity : Herceptin- and Anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity
- Combined diseases models with Hyperlipidemia, Obesity, Diabetes
– Telemetry monitoring (blood pressure, ECG)
– Echocardiography, external electrocardiogram, tail cuff
– Left Ventricular Pressure/Volume loops analysis
– Heart rate variability analysis
– Cardiovascular surgical techniques (myocardial infarction, aortic constriction, …)
– Isolated arteries (endothelial function, vasoconstrictive response)
– Langendorff heart model (cardiac and coronary function, ischemia/reperfusion, ECG, …)
– Isolated cardiomyocytes (contractility and calcium transients analysis)
– Cell culture (smooth muscle cells, endothelial cells) and Biochemical analysis
– Immunochemistry technologies (transmission and scanning electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy)