First in human and Clinical Trials
We provide cutting edge clinical investigation capabilities that combine both highly specialized medical, clinical pharmacology and scientific expertise with dedicated and recognized clinical infrastructures.
- Reduced risk and late stage attrition
- Advantages in terms of cost and time savings to achieve clinical proof of concept
- Take advantage of Cardiomedex’s innovative approach, vision and techniques to accelerate early proof of concept trials
Expertise at Cardiomedex
The expertise of physicians and scientists covers cardiovascular disorders (heart failure, orthostatic hypotension), neurocardiology and cardio-oncology:
- Neurocardiology and autonomic nervous system
The autonomic nervous system is key to maintaining body homeostasis and is involved in the pathophysiology and clinical outcome of a large panel of diseases such as neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson’s disease, multiple system atrophy…), dysautonomia and cardiometabolic disorders (diabetes, hypertension, heart failure).
In this context, Pr Atul Pathak and Pr Jean-Michel Senard both have a unique clinical expertise and a recognized worldwide platform, allowing autonomic testing in both humans and animals from electrophysiology to biochemical and clinical approaches. Among their available techniques, the direct recording of the activity of muscles (MSNA) or renal (RSNA) sympathetic nerves, using microneurography, is of note since this gold standard technique is available in only a few labs worldwide.
This new scientific and medical discipline brings cardiologists and oncologists together to work on growing cardiovascular toxicities of a range of chemotherapeutic and chemopreventive agents. Cardiotoxic effects of chemotherapy might be decreased by the concurrent use of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers, or beta-blockers.
Accelerated translation from scientific concept to bedside
With a privileged network with Toulouse Hospital, Cardiomedex benefits from an innovative clinical infrastructure and a full range of cardiovascular services in a single location. Thanks to an integrated team of specialists and dedicated staff, we can guarantee a greater access to patients.
- Integrated clinical research infrastructures– Center for Clinical Investigation (CCI) is dedicated to cardiometabolic diseases and a reference center for cardiovascular drug evaluation. This service platform has 12 beds and guarantees inclusion of healthy volunteers or patients, management of the trials and output of quality data.- Cardiovascular department of the Rangueil Toulouse Hospital, a leading European reference center for preclinical and clinical trials regarding the autonomic nervous system. The cardiovascular department has more than 200 beds and benefits from local support and various technologies for the management of trials.
- The cutting edge technical platform which provides a technologically advanced environment with sophisticated technologies, imaging and monitoring equipment.
- Custom designed clinical experiments
- Adaptive clinical trial design
- Multi-centric trials
- Quality of preclinical and clinical data
- In-depth analyzes and interpretation
- High quality data output
- Regulatory compliance